Saturday, December 27, 2008

you know you are old when..........

I was running a round Facebook just now, and I saw pictures of people that I know. I mean, duh, that's what people do in Facebook. Anyway, whatever I just typed was redundant. So forgive me for wasting your time to read that. Hehee

Anyhow, as the title suggested, you know you are old when.... Well, it's not to say old old la, but this is how I feel.

You begin working. Yes, the financial freedom would be really good, but the responsibilities come in too. There's no 'I can ask from my parents' kinda thing anymore. It's good that you can buy anything that you want with the money that you earned, but of cause the planning will come in as well. So basically financial capabilities and responsibilities are a buy one free one kinda thing.

Secondly, you see the people around you grow up. Like I said, I was running around Facebook and I saw my friends' siblings. I met these siblings of my friends when they were probably still in primary school and all. Now I look at their pictures, all going for prom after their SPM. Some can even drive now! So yea, that's another point that you see yourself growing older.

Thirdly, you hear people around you getting married. So well, basically I know 2 people who are around my age getting married next year. As far as I know, there are some who are planning to get married in the near future, and that means in about 2 years time. All these are my peers, they are my age. And they are getting married. Whoah......

Fourthly, you hear the media talking about 'you know you are an 80's baby when.....' and they start listing all the past cartoons and shows, eg. Thundercats, Voltron, Knight Rider, etc.
Voltron

Knight Rider

Thundercats

And then you listen to the song, Photograph.

Actually looking at all these, it is good. Good to know that life is progressing very well and people around me are getting blessed and they are happy. People are growing, and so am I. Actually this is not about growing old. It is more about reminiscing of the past. I'm more on a high school person rather than a college kind of person. I prefered my high school life. Those days was just crazy. We had fun, we ran around, we joined competitions, we join camps. We had community works via Leo, we organized charity and fund raising activities.

But like I mentioned, progression is good. It is really really good. It shows that we have a life. And people come in and out of life, creating great memories along the way. But I guess it is true, it's hard to say it, but it's time to say it, goodbye.

Wow, reading back whatever I just wrote above, its as though someone left out of my life. Hahahah it is not man, in fact, one just came back. And it is great to have him back. I was counting my blessings with the past 2008, and I guess I went too far back, just thinking back and recalling the past, and I do miss it. Hahaahahaha
But I love my life now. It is the best. =D

No comments: