Monday, December 15, 2008

so there it is.................

So I've changed my phone.....

Ever since my ears started aching thanks to some phone, I've been hunting for a new phone. I've review many, I've seen many, I've liked many, but now I know, choosing a phone is not, and I repeat, NOT easy.

Firstly, you will have to think about what brand you want. Then the specs, then comes the killer part, the price.

So while choosing my phone, I thought, maybe I should try some different brand instead of going back to the same old brand. Let's see, what have I used? I've used Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola... I think that's about it. The normal brands. So I decided to look at Samsung and LG. Initially I thought of going back to Nokia, and I looked at a wide range of their phones, but mainly I looked at their N Series. Well, I guess Nokia is well known for their N Series, that's why I look at the line. I realised one thing about this Nokia N Series. Their phones are used to con people. Wah lau, in Nokia phones, it's either one spec is good, and you will have to sacrifice the others. For example, N81. I thought it was a great phone, it looks nice, it is not that pricey, it's about RM1300. But, it flares well as a media phone, i.e. it is good for music and video. But the camera is bad. Ek..... Then I look at N82, and wow, that phone is good. But the downside, the freaking keypad! Small like nobodie's business. Then I look at others which has good specs, and they range from RM1600 to RM2000+. So basically, if you want a well balance, awesome Nokia phone, you will have to fork out at least RM1500. What a con!

So I looked at Samsung. Wow, their line is pretty reasonable, and the phones specs are good. The only downside, if you one a Samsung phone with WiFi, you will have to fork out at least RM1500. But if not, a decent phone with a good camera, good functionality, would cost about RM700 to RM1400. And Samsung only sells original phones, no such thing as APs! So that's when I started to really look into Samsung.

But I also looked at LG. Basically LG is like Nikon for cameras. If you want a good phone, you will have to pay a lot. If you want cheap, you get a lousy phone. Hmm.... well, I didn't really like LG in the first place. HAhahaa

So I went hunting for my phone. Finally I decided on one, and I went searching around with the reference price in mind (thank God for internet). I tell you, the sales people are really big con man. I went to a shop, I asked for the phone I wanted, the guy quote me RM1100, where the reference price was RM900. Ek.... Rm200 difference. Big con man.... He said that's the bestprice he can give. Best my foot! So I moved on. I came to this shop in Giant in Kelana Jaya, and there, I met the biggest con (well, I've met so many cons that I actually don't know who's the biggest, but I'm really displeased with this guy). This guy, refused to quote me the price that I wanted. I asked him for the price of the phones I have my eyes set on, Nokia N82, Nokia E71, I asked all these, he only gave me Nokia E11, and he kept pusing to sell me Sony Ericsson G900. Well, since right from the beginning I've already set my mind to move away from SE, so I didn't do my research on any SE phones. But he kept saying this phone is good, it has good features, it has 5mp camera, it's a touch screen, blah blah blah. Well, no doubt the phone has good features, and the design is not bad. So I just played with a phone, open up my options. First impression, wow, response really slow. I press on a key, took it about 2 whole seconds to not load, but to just respond. Then it took about another 1 or 2 seconds to load. I was like, ek? Fine, I decided to continue to just try, thinking maybe it was a glitch. Then I tried the camera, couldn't load. I was like, ark? I tell you, my impression of the phone went down the drain. He took the phone back, did something which I have no idea what, and finally it was okay. He even pushed the blame to me say I didn't let it load fully for it to work properly. Wah lau, is that how you treat your customer? But never mind, so I asked him the price, he gave me an AP price of RM1370. I was hmm.. well, the functions are good, not a bad price. Well, I thought like that cause he gave me load of crap phone a good second hand value of RM250. So I thought, not bad la. But the first impression of the phone just don't let it get away. So I decided to go home first, to think about it and check on it on the net.

I got home, check the phone, and guess what, the AP price for the phone range from RM980 to RM1100. The price for an original is RM1380 to RM1500. I was like ....................??? Wah he quite smart ar. Give me the price of an original for an AP, where he would earn and take my second hand phone? I got pissed man. But anyhow I decided to just read the review of the phone. And the phone had an awesome review. They gave 9 out of 10. Wahh..... in my mind was like, this idiot not only tried to con my with the price, he also tried to sell me a faulty phone?!?! Wah lau.... this people ar... sighh so anyhow, after dinner, I decided to continue to look for my phone. So I went to the original SE shop in the curve, and they fella quote the original price of RM1599. I was ek? Reference price was RM1400 max! Hm.. but then again they are in the curve, they probably have to pay the rent. But I saw the phone that I initially wanted to get, so I asked for that phone instead. Haha to cut the long story short, I got the phone I wanted, and almost got con for it too. I know I can get the phone for RM850, but the fella tried to sell the phone to me at RM999...... Hahaha lesson learned, make sure you do your research before buying phones. Phone sellers are conmen! Hahaha

Anyhow, this is the phone I got,



Samsung S7330 Soul Jr.

No comments: